Beiträge von wanamees

For information.

We got regular 540 CC working, without ldm module or new instrument cluster (kombi).
    It just needed some specific programming in car brain (engine module?).

Guys,
    Thank you for the infromation but may i specify.

I have 02/2006 produced e91 - withoud LDM module and old type DSC (without integrated LDM).
    frank_dc, do I understand correctly - I still need LDM module, because with old DSC module 540 CC still don't work - even when coding DSC module?

We have looked into the DSC module and there are 544 CC options written inside but inactive (due to missing LDM module probably?).
    Is it possible that adding/changing there options suitable for 540 CC will make it work?

As said before I don't care about the braking function - but will buy LDM and instrument cluster if it's the only possible way.

Hi,

Sorry for writing in English.
    I'm from Estonia and trying to retrofit cruise control (CC) to my 02/2006 330xd (without LDM module, what is needed for 544 or 541 car produced before 09/2006).

I have the correct slip ring (with CC swithces) installed (working, tested through INPA, car sees the buttons working).

As you know, e9x 6 cylinder models came from factory with only 544 or 541 (Dynamic or Active cruise).

----

Some post here and on other forums claim that it is possible to program regular 540 cruise for 6 cylinder - is it true? The parts for 544 are not expensive but i really don't care about the braking function.

We looked into DDE module (engine software) and there were optsions only for 544 DCC (dynamic cruise control, but they were inactive due to missing LDM module).
    We compared it to a 2006 530xd (which was retrofitted with CC 540) and it had different values.

Could adding these values to my cars soft might help?

Is seems absurd that regular CC will only work on 4 cylinder engine but not at all on 6 cylinder.