Beiträge von alpina71

topmar

Thank you for your answers. I have seen a lot of stock video that goes a little beyond 250 downhill. By saying tacho I meant speedometer gauge. If there was a limit at 235 km/h at speedo you can't run at 248 km/h as shown in your picture. I guess you mean 235 km/h limit is the real speed and that corresponds to 248 km/h at speedo.
    Altough PPK increase the power by at least 20 HP the car should go up to 260 km/h downhill in my opinion. I have also read somewhere in German forums that one e91 320d was doing 257 km/h downhill but after a software update in the dealer it was not doing anymore. I don't understand why this invisible wall is not mentioned somewhere in the datasheet. I have also some doubts that after PPK install and software update the car might have a limiter.

Thanks

Dear forum members

I have ordered power kit for my 2011 320d LCI. I have read all the forum with google translate :) I have one question that was not clear after all vmax discussions around E91.

1) Is there a software vmax limitation for stock LCI 184 PS ? If yes is it because of tyre specs ? I have 205/55/16 standart tyres (V speed index). Is the soft limit based on real speed or tacho speed?

2) After the power kit is this limitation exist ?

3) I am not sure but may be the official dealer is going to update the software of the car before installation of the kit. Does it have anything to do with vmax ?

4) Finally is there a chance to negotiate with the dealer to delete the soft vmax limitation during the coding of the new ECU ?

Thanks a lot