Neu AGM Battery

• Zitat

I took the one from Banner recently but paid less (150ish).

As the original battery had 90Ah and the Banner 92Ah there was no need to change the vehicle order but it's recommended to register the new battery as "new" so the IBS can handle it properly. For this you may contact your coding expert or use Carly or similar. It's a 2min job.

Thanks... All the prices I wrote are from the Greek market, so that's why they're higher than the ones in Germany.

The registration in the dealer will cost me 20 Euro, no matter if it's an OEM one or an aftermarket one, it's not a big deal.

Zitat

I also bought the Banner-Battery, like many others in the forum.

Exide or Banner, both are fine!

There's a significant difference in the price between Banner and Exide, in the local market, 50 Euro higher price for Banner. So, looking at the financial side of the situation, Exide is the best VFM option.

By the way, why no-one is recommending me the Varta one? Are they not good ones?

Banner is Austrian made as far as I know, what are Varta and Exide ones?

If I choose any other than the OEM, either Exide, Varta or Banner, what are the chances to last similar time as the first battery on the car from the factory?

How long do you think they will last, if not 9 years again?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Hi all, I got an update on the battery issue I have.

I got the battery tested yesterday by the BMW dealer in a nearby city (100Km), with a portable battery checking device, which showed the following:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161228/e6dbc36944b9154c4b317768c76ef4e5.jpg]

It shows Voltage 12,47 V and Start Capacity 51%

The technician said that the battery is not to be replaced at the moment, can last a little more time and it needs to be replaced when the voltage falls under 12 V.

What's your opinion guys?

From my Redmi Note 2 via Tapatalk

• Everything is fine. The car battery management system never charges the battery to 100 %.

• I'm still not convinced that everything is fine.... Yesterday I checked the battery again, after unplugged from my Ctek MXS 5.0 battery charger and 5' of driving to the workshop.

These are the readings:

?) Voltage = 12,46 V
    B) State of Health = 46%
    C) State of Charge = 66%
    D) Rated 900A - Measured 419A

What do you think? I'm concerned about the "D" mostly, 419A from 900A brand new? And all those readings from a fully charged battery, for a 9 years old one of course.

What do you think?

[Blockierte Grafik: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/c3b265847e7ae711f7cdc9932409c0c1.jpg]

• replace it!

2007 E92 325i | SPACE GREY | INDIVIDUAL MERINO COHIBABROWN | BBS CH-R BLACK 9x20 - 10.5x20
    KW VARIANT II | E9x M3 SUSPENSION PARTS | E93 M3 FRONT ANTI-SWAY BAR | CDV DELETE
    CIC RETROFIT | COMBOX RETROFIT | JBBFE III (D-CAN) RETROFIT
    DIAGNOSE BLOCKER | iDRIVE DATA DISPLAY

• Zitat

replace it!

I thought the same thing.... I ordered a few hours ago a new one, Exide EK950 (95Ah - 850A).

Thanks all for your help and replies.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/5113419ef70ad00bfb654352204250a7.jpg]

• Hello,

yes your battery was old but still okay for daily use. A power of 12,46 V * 419 A = 5221 W is really enough at the short time of starting the engine. Of course a new battery has a much better performance and is not wrong to buy one. It would be nice if you read out again and show us the printing to see whether you have better values.

• Hello,

yes your battery was old but still okay for daily use. A power of 12,46 V * 419 A = 5221 W is really enough at the short time of starting the engine. Of course a new battery has a much better performance and is not wrong to buy one. It would be nice if you read out again and show us the printing to see whether you have better values.

The battery was changed today at the official dealer.

The computer of the dealer checked the battery again, before changing it, and the result was: "unserviceable battery, no charge holding".

That means that the battery couldn't be charged as it was supposed to be, it was a matter of days to stop working and was kept alive from the CTek charger.

It lasted 8 years and 9 months, it was time to be replaced.

Thank you all very much for your help and replies!

Have a great new year!