BMW e91 - 2008 - Fehler DME 30c1 - Motoröldruckregelung statisch

• Hello,

My German is not that good so I will try to post it in English and hopefully it will work out. In May 2020 I bought my first car in Germany, a BMW e91 from 2008 October. It is the facelift model. Unfrotunately I didn't check the contract properly and the private seller was able to add clause that there is no guarantee or return rights.
    after driving it for about 800 Kms I took it for inspection as it had a Service light.

on 25.06.20 during the inspection the workshop told me there is an error in the system 30c1 - Motoröldruckregelung statisch. They guy said this is an expensive issue and most likely the steuerkette needs to be replaced and may cost from 1500 - 2000€. The error first came 600 Kms before, so I already drove that much and there were no issues. Now after going to a few mechanics no one is sure what the problem is and the error doesn't come regularly.

Last week a freiewerkstatt mechanic took out the oil and told me there was 2L oil less in the car, it should have at least 4.5L oil. He put in new oil and filter and told me maybe that was the issue since there is no noise in the engine which will indicate steuerkette issues.

I am not confused and want a second opinion, is it possible that due to less oil the oil pressure is a problem? I am trying to drive it more this week and check for the error again.

One more thing, since I found out about the error I didn't drive the car at all, and after 10 days when I took it to a mechanic I saw red oil light for the first time, it went after i started the car again. Not sure if its related. The only issue I have with the car right now is that in first gear it has some missing, the engine vibrates and needs more gas, everything else is fine and the car sounds fine too.

Any suggestions and feedback will be really helpful.

Thank you very much.

Looking forward.

• My English is not so good :D

By my Car i have make new the Oilventil - Nr. 12 ;)
    and clean the Magnetventils - Nr. 1 - all OK :)

Diskutiere niemals mit Idioten!

Die ziehen dich erst auf ihr Niveau herunter und schlagen dich dann durch Erfahrung.

Grüße aus Ffm-Sachsenhausen

Stefan

• the vakuum pump behind the cylinderhead could have a leaking gasket to the head. New gasket and never had the 30c1 again.