E90 N52 330i Kaufberatung

• Hallo Mitglieder des Forums.

Ich bin neu in diesem Forum und komme nicht aus Deutschland. Bitte entschuldigen Sie die Verwendung für Google Übersetzer aus dem Englischen.
    Ich lebe in Kroatien und habe 4/2017 1h östlich von München (Pfarrkirchen) einen E90 320d (M47, 11/2006) gekauft. Das Auto hatte 160000 km.
    Ich würde gerne einen anderen BMW aus Deutschland kaufen, bin aber besorgt über Rostprobleme, da mein aktueller E90 beim Kauf viel Rost an der Hinterradaufhängung hatte (siehe beigefügte Bilder). Das Auto wurde in der Zwischenzeit umfangreich repariert, aber ich möchte es vermeiden, die Arbeit an einem neuen potenziellen 330i erneut zu erledigen, da dies ziemlich kostspielig ist.

Da es in Kroatien keinen 330i zum Verkauf gibt, bin ich gezwungen, aus Deutschland zu importieren, und ich suche Rat, wie ich kein anderes Auto mit Rostproblemen finden kann.

Ist der Nord- / Westdeutschland weniger von Schneefall und Salzstraßen betroffen?

Da ich nach einem 330i mit N52-Motor suche, müssen diese von 2005 bis 2007 sein. Wie können diese Motoren hohe Meilen wie 180 bis 220.000 km zurücklegen? Soll ich sie von der Suche ausschließen oder nicht?

Danke für Ihre Hilfe :)

English original:
    Hello fellow forum members.
    I am new to this forum and am not from Germany, so please excuse the use for google translate from English.

I live in Croatia and have bought an E90 320d (M47, 11/2006) in 4/2017 east of Munchen (Pfankirchen). The car had 160,000 km.
    I would like to buy another BMW from Germany but am concerned about rust problems as my current E90 had a lot of rust on the rear suspension when I bought it (see attached pictures) .
    The car had extensive repair done to it in the meantime, but I would like to avoid doing the job again as it is pretty costly.

Since not many people drive 330i in Croatia, I am forced to import from Germany, and I am looking for advice how not to repeat the
    Is the north/west part of Germany less affected by snowfall and salt roads.

Since I'm looking for a 330i with N52 engine they have to be from 2005-2007, how do these engines take high miles, like 180-220 000 km? Should I exclude them from the search or not?

Thank you for your help :)

• I'm gonna reply in English, makes life easier for us I guess.

First of all: Your rear Subframe doesn't even Look that bad. Rusty for sure, but I guess 90% of all the German 1 or 3 Series of that Era have that Problem.

There's another Thread going rn, by User @Pat66. He's looking for a N52 330i as well. You might want to read that Thread, but it's in German.

Just a head's up: The 330i is pretty rare to come by with decent mileage and the N52. So I suggest you take your time buying the next e90, and don't buy out of FOMO.
    But if there is a great Opportunity, be quick.

• Thank you for your answer :)
    I agree, a good deal on a 330i with an N52 engine is rare, but I will look out for them for sure!
    Too bad I can't drive one in Croatia to know if it is really as nice to drive as I've been reading :D

Would a E46 330i be anything similar (just to get a feel what it would be like to drive a I6 N/A BMW)??

• E46 330i with the m54 - i loved it
    Had one and enjoyed the engine so much
    But thats my weakspot - inline six cylinders, i had 13 of them and loved every single one
    The more displacement the better
    I think the e90 330i is no downgrade :P

• Well, I do plan to get an E46 330i some time in the future as a "project car".
    It will be in the garage, stripped down as much as possible, all little bits will be taken care of (replaced, cleaned, painted, greased etc.) and reassembled.
    After that it will be a weekend or track car.
    I thought of maybe doing that now, but I am more attracted to the E90 at the moment and would like to see how I get along with an N/A I6 from BMW :D
    The M47 has been no picnic, although I did everything myself it still throws a problem every now and then just for fun and I think I'll have to get rid of it soon..

• The N52 in my Car is pretty great. It's strong, it sounds nice, runs smooth, and (as of now) there are no Problems with it. Even has the first Water Pump still.

However - the Starter Motor, CCV, all Oxygen Sensors, and the VANOS Solenoids are new. All of that is only minor Stuff tho, that is doable if you want to wrench on the Car. Also the common Oil leaks (Oil Filter Housing, Valve Cover, Oil Pan) are DIYs, except for the Oil Pan Gasket.

Before the Engine has any major Issues (beware of the b25 tho, they are not as reliable apparently) the Rest of my Car will fall apart.

• Thanks for the info :)
    If only BMW put the B30 in the 325i like in the E82 125i, then it would simply be a matter of a remap, and voila! 330i instantly...
    Alas, no..
    Anyway, what do you guys think about the 30k oil/filter service intervals?
    Almost all the 330i cars that are on mobile.de or autoscout24 have 30k intervals in their service books, and that's all the way from 0km to 200k+ km

If I end up buying a car with that many miles, I will switch to 10-12k service intervals immediately, but the bigger question is, has the damage already been done?!?

• 30k intervals are too long imo. I keep a 10.000 km interval on mine. It's been running pretty darn well, but right now it is sitting idle because my valvetronic is causing problems (again for the second time in like 3 months, car doesn't start, seems to be an electrical/wiring/sensor issue). Other than that it is a great machine, mine has "only" 170.000 km though, and it's been well maintained for the last 6 years (since I bought it). I guess the older they get, the more problems will probably occur. Impossible to tell how the cars have been driven, so I guess you'll always be buying the pig in the poke with these cars.

In general, buying from northern Germany should be better with regards to wear and tear on the body because there is much less snow and salt being sprayed than say Bavaria.

E92 330i | N52B30 | M-PAKET | SPACEGRAY + ALCANTARA | PP ESD + VALVE CONTROL DELETE | PERFORMANCE CARBON SPOILER

VMR VB 3 + M225 | PERFORMANCE LENKRAD II | H&R 50/25 + KONI ORANGE | F30 PERFORMANCE SHIFT KNOB

• +1 on the Rust, Road Salt is a Bitch in southern Germany.

Vanos Solenoids are the first thing to get clogged up because of the long intervall. Imo it doesnt really matter tho, most Cars have been serviced with that Intervall for years on end, and still run.

As long as it runs fine when you get it, there shouldnt be any Issue with that. However, I also run a 10k / 1 year Intervall.

• Anyway, what do you guys think about the 30k oil/filter service intervals?
    Almost all the 330i cars that are on mobile.de or autoscout24 have 30k intervals in their service books, and that's all the way from 0km to 200k+ km

Because people take their cars to the workshop when the CBS tells them to do so ;)

I drove my previous M50B20 with the same interval without any problems for a couple of years and more than 150.000km. I have to admit that I was doing about 1100km a week autobahn only. After 25k the oil still looked like new.

Besides that it shouldn't make a difference in getting a car from any part of Germany if you're concerned about salt. In Rhein-Main area, where people start getting weird if it's below 0°C, the streets are white of salt from November until April.